Thursday, August 29, 2013

Retail Therapy

One pair of Christian Louboutin pumps
The way the red bottoms compliment the black pavement forces my subconscious to accept the use of one full paycheck at the outlet mall
Two pairs of Christian Dior denim jeans,
Only because of the modesty in which it swathes my booty
The curious eyes that follow my strut implores me to walk slower
To ensure they also obtain a decent glance at my Gucci shades
The hidden bundles of misguided nickels and dimes secured beneath pompous couch cushions made it all possible
These sleek, while modish frames speak the names of insecure girls picked last in dodge ball
Finding their claim to fame amongst costly namesakes and gaudy materials
This silk blouse, hand sewn right from the infants of moths
Tenderly pacing the pores of my skin
Showing the world how shapely my breast form while lying under Chiffon fabric
I am the queen of Sheba upon leaving the crowded parking lot of International Mall
For the diamonds embedded within my crown are cut so clear,
The reflection of your judgmental yet highly envious insides shine ever so brightly
My Prada boots reaffirm the well-known fact that I am better than you
Silent miseries ring false within the luminosity that are my jewels
Encrusted in the humble embellishments accenting my fingers and earlobes
A second pair of Christian Louboutins
Shoes this heavenly ought to come in fours
The higher the heel the closer I am to retail sanity
Constantly repeating the task of stabilizing my raging emotions
Attempting to reach the dressed up image of an overrated socialite
While lying on a therapeutical bench trying on shoes, I pay my doctor’s fees at the register
My prescription written out within the numbers of my American Express
My cure,
The palpable joy of a fully stocked walk-in closet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave messages so I can track your feedback...