Thursday, August 29, 2013

Poor Girl

Haven't written a poem in a while....

Love me.
Take from me the brittle reminders of my pain and
Adore me
Give me the clandestine affection left uncovered
Though coveted, the desire for joy remains forgotten
Nevertheless, I hide anger behind plastered smiles
The dried white stains of gushing teardrops lay beneath the wrinkles in my laugh
Haughty, boisterous laughs that bounce off peeling walls
Dirty carpets soak up the dirt from my anguish and the hurt from my self-pity
Therefore, you must love me.
Fall to your knees and beg for the pleasure I crave to give yet I,
Turn up my nose and fold heavy arms over a heaving chest
Short breaths take bathroom breaks while I pretend to care less
You’ll work for my love though I have given it freely to less than worthy suitors
Still, you’ll crawl on your weak hands and scraped shins
A drained sense of purpose will weigh heavily on your shoulders
My quick tongue will cut your intentions in half
Split between the will to proceed but
The truth behind the glint in my eyes will encourage you to
Love me.
Remove me from the poverty that exists within cold walls
Tall dividers with transparent thickness giving you the opportunity to see
what I surreptitiously tells others to see
I bat my eyes and sneak nuggets of veracity between the creases of my breasts
Leaned forward at eye-level,
Judgment level.
See through the lies I tell myself and
love me.
Fall to your knees, clasp your palms to your chest while your quivering jaw tips backward
Tilt your eyes upward and query for divine intervention
for me.
And when you have me,
Strip me of the deceptions that cloud my sense of clarity
Take from me the insecurities that sully me and
Do what only you, toucher of the depth of my essence can do and

Love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave messages so I can track your feedback...