Thursday, August 29, 2013

Punch Drunk Love

Black Dolce and Gabana shades cover the evidence of false truths and broken dreams
I step into the dewy presence of an arrogant sun that beats down upon my skin
Wickedly attempting to reveal the secrets hiding beneath my hundred dollar lenses
I walk atop cracked pavement in five-inch stilettos,
Frantically reaching higher than the low I have succumbed myself to
Diamond encrusted bangles wrap around purple fingerprints embedded in my wrists
These expensive embellishments suit me better than the bad memories left behind
They resemble the platinum, diamond dipped choker draped about my esophagus
Coyly permitting my breathless oxygen to exist
Alexander McQueen gently caresses my red and blue spotted skin
The click of my heels sings a tune often forgotten amongst the loud thuds enclosed within bleeding walls
Darkness follows along the bright, indignant rays of this still arrogant sun
The only light shining radiates from the glimmer of the wedding band on his finger as he berates my face
The morning after, a haughty gift box graces the mahogany night table
Chuckling through the small glimpses of prying sun light peeking through 500 thread count, Italian curtains
He, the he that shares the name I call my own, greets me with warm smiles
Warm like the supple flames of Dante’s Inferno
Sweet kisses, sweet as the bitter taste of tarnished fantasies adorning the tattered folds of my mentality
Sapphire jewels exaggerate teardrop rings
Devaluing the fading merit I once held
Frugality’s meaning holds true in the force of his love, personified in the impact of his hits
I, the me that hides behind the barrenness of materialistic significances, has been bought out and sold
I am price less
Still, he prices more to define the blood that hemorrhages internally
Sorrow is invisible yet it leaks and stains the fibers of a hand-knotted Persian carpet
Nevertheless, love is the only drug that emits into the thick air trapped within a bar-less prison


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave messages so I can track your feedback...