Saturday, August 13, 2011

Writing Process

A lot of people wonder what the process is to come up with a good story. For me, it involves a lot of seclusion. I can't focus on writing AND the world around me. I almost have to step outside myself and venture onto a journey of self discovery. If I leave room for distraction, I get lost on that journey and ultimately produce below average material. Writing is such an in-depth process that it's impossible to go in haphazardly. I have a love/hate relationship with writing. I love to write but the darkness that I have to yank into light every single time I write can be mentally draining. Still, I'd go insane without its nourishment.
I read this quote and felt,"Wow, this is it." This quote explains my writing process:

Writing is utter solitude, the descent into the cold abyss of oneself. ~ Franz Kafka

So now when my fiancé feels abandoned when I go on my writing excursion, he can have a better understanding of why I must do what I do.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave messages so I can track your feedback...